Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bella

So I have a pretty awesome Boxer. I know, everyone thinks their dog is better than everyone else's dog.

I'm serious though. Does your dog wake you up in the morning and walk you to your coffee? I didn't think so. Bella, she just knows. Doesn't matter what, she knows things. She's definitely MY dog.

She's like a shadow, constantly following me. I can't even go to the bathroom with out her. I take a shower and she's right there waiting for me to come out. If I leave the house, she looks at me like "why did you leave me?" then goes insane with puppy kisses and love when I come back. Sure, most boxers are like that. Bella, she's something else.

She always knows just what I need. If I'm sad, she lays on me. When I'm cold, she will lay on what ever part of me is freezing, especially my feet. If I'm not feeling well, she knows and will just lay with me. If I'm in a bad mood she will no doubt be a goof ball to distract me and make me laugh.

No joke, this dog can blow raspberries. She high fives. She dances and gives hugs. She's definitely one cool pooch. She will let you dress her up in clothes, a hat and glasses. You can paint her nails. You can play fetch with her for hours... I can tell you no matter how tired she seems she cannot resist a tennis ball being thrown and nothing is funnier than watching a dog chase a ball on hardwood floors!

She's my therapy dog. She's good for me. In times of stress, happiness, anger & sadness she's what I need. Dogs are supposed to be man's best friend. I'm pretty sure that accurate. Bella's definitely one of my best friends. She's 60lbs of goofy, brindle, under bite & slobber. She acts like a cat. Moos like a cow, clucks like a chicken & will only bark if you tell her she can -- I'm serious, you have to ask her too and then tell her she has to use an outside voice because she doesn't like barking because it scares her! She's a weirdo.

I love my pup. Even if she does like to act like a wedgie by riding up my butt all the time. She might hog half a king size bed & snore just as loud as my husband. She might get a little jealous when I pay more attention to the book I'm reading but all she asks for is love & the occasional slice of cheese. I can do that.

Bella's pretty much amazing. Now, if she only had thumbs....

No comments:

Post a Comment